Solving the Problem of Plastic: Getting Your Kids Involved
If you’re like most people, you’re probably already aware some of the pitfalls of plastic in our society.
- It's harmful to our planet
- It can leach harmful chemicals into our food
- Plastic debris is choking wildlife
But how much do your kids know about the pervasive problem of plastic?
Are they aware of the effects of too much plastic on the planet? What about the impact of their own everyday choices? It’s important to help them see the big picture, too.
National Geographic's Kids vs. Plastic
That’s why we’re excited to share that National Geographic Kids is now reaching out to the next generation as part of its Planet or Plastic? initiative. With interactive games, videos and quizzes, Kids vs. Plastic is perfect for helping your school-aged children embrace an Earth-friendly lifestyle.
Visit Kids vs. Plastic to:
- Encourage your kids to take the Kids vs. Plastic pledge to receive their Planet Protector certificate
- They can also discover 10 easy ways to reduce plastic use (including eating ice cream!)
- Help them understand why single-use plastic doesn’t disappear when they’re finished using it
And there’s lots more besides! Your kids are going to like this site—and you’ll appreciate how it can help them better understand your own eco-friendly choices!